Latest news and advice
Who sticks to New Year's resolutions? Who's made any this year? My top 6 Beauty Resolutions below are all do-able
- SPF - protect you skin. Many moisturisers and foundations have built in SPFs. Remember that even on the dullest days, we are exposed to UV light, which accelerates the skin’s ageing process
- Water - keep your skin hydrated by drinking enough water. Hydrated skin cells slow down the ageing process
- Cleanse & moisturise - this need only take a few minutes twice daily and you will soon notice the benefits. I'm a double cleanser and if you have time, you'll notice the difference!
- Hands & Feet - do not underestimate the work that our poor hands and feet do on a daily basis! Look after them with regular pro or DIY manis & pedis
- Facial - professional or DIY. Either way, just 30 minutes of “you” time really makes a difference to our general wellbeing and is a worthwhile investment. Good for the skin good for the soul - don't forget to switch off your laptops/phones!
- Clean Brushes - without exception, clean your makeup brushes weekly to remove the build up of products and any lurking bacteria. If you work on clients then clean brushes after each use.
Our Summer hero products (in no particular order)!
- IT Cosmetics CC Tinted Cream SPF50 - Your Skin But Better - Full coverage colour-correcting cream with anti-ageing hydrating serum formulated with SPF 50+ UVA/UVB broad spectrum physical sunscreen
- MAC Strobe Cream in GOLDLITE - Hydrating cream with light illuminating properties giving skin an amazing radiant and youthful glow. Universal but I find GOLDLITE works well with pretty much all skintones. Mix in with your liquid foundation or use on bare skin.
- Urban Decay's All Night Setting Spray - Keeps makeup looking gorgeously just-applied for up to 16 hours without melting, fading or settling into fine lines.